09: Community Forums
10: Photo Gallery
11: Community Forums
12: Photo Gallery

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Community Forums › ROACC › ROACC › Traffic Light
Traffic Light

Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index ›  ROACC

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think we need a traffic light?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

Q
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:06 pm
Post subject: Traffic Light

It was brought up at today's event that the ACC is trying to get a traffic light at the Potranco entrance, and I for one say...

Please say it ain't so!

We are a small neighborhood and if we get one then so does Sundance, Carcol, Stevens Ranch, Western Oaks, Reid Ranch, Bella Vista, etc...please don't open that can of worms. Sad

I have only been here a year but I don't find it difficult to get out and like Mark mentioned if you have a problem you can go through Monticello Ranch to Tally or Military.

Any other opinions?

Chase
A+ Member
A+ Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:24 am
Post subject: Re: Traffic Light

I'm not sure of the logic behind the reasoning that basically opines "if we get a traffic light, everyone else will get one too." Traffic lights are based on traffic counts and safety needs. And even then, it will probably take a fatality accident at the entrance to ROE to get a light anyway.

Personally, I'm all for a ROE traffic light. And I'm surprised at learning of someone being against it.

This all may be a moot point anyway. Installation of such a light depends on how the traffic count is conducted, which days the counter is in place (weekends/holidays would show a different traffic count) and the apparent shortage of dollars to install such a light. Therefore, I don't see much hope for it to be installed anyway.

Further, it doesn't seem like a good idea to increase traffic through an adjacent residential area to get to a usually-crowded Talley Rd. As a last resort, I guess going to Talley might be better than continuing to risk an accident getting onto Potranco directly from ROE during rush hours.

As a 15+ year neighborhood resident, and thinking of the safety of my neighbor friends, I very much support the installation of a traffic light!

A very big THANKYOU to those who put on the neighbors night out!!
Q
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:00 am
Post subject: Re: Traffic Light

It will be a rare day when I am in favor of a traffic light and my comment about everyone getting one wasn't meant to be taken literally, all I am trying to say is if we get one with only about 300 homes then it is less likely txdot will say no to other neighborhoods. This city already had to many poorly time lights.

The thought if screwing with the flow of 10k+ cars on Potranco for our small population seems self indulgent to me...

Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index ›  ROACC
Page 1 of 1