09: Home
10: Community Forums
11: Photo Gallery
12: Community Forums
13: Community Forums
14: Photo Gallery

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Community Forums › ROACC › ROACC › Wanted: Information about someone destroying my property.
Wanted: Information about someone destroying my property.

Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index ›  ROACC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jraimond

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:04 pm
Post subject: Wanted: Information about someone destroying my property.

On Monday, February 18th, late at night, someone intentionally backed into my fence and gate and bent my fence post and destroyed one of my gates on my property. I'm looking for information from anyone that might know about it or has seen or noticed damage to the tail light section of someones vehicle. This cowardly act was inflicted at night and it looks like the guilty person(s) backed into my fence twice. Once, taking out my gate post and then backing up and destroying one of my two gates. Leaving sections of their tail light in my yard.

I work hard for everything I have and it wasn't my idea to build a fence, but, the County said, they were putting a road (Rolling Ridge) between my neighbor and myself and I had already had kids from the Neighborhood behind me hanging out on my property. The only thing I could do, to secure my property was to build a fence.

A person, (from the neighborhood behind me) who heard the noise, came out and saw a vehicle drive off into our neighborhood. I am discouraged to think someone in our community would be so aggressive and have a lack of respect for our neighborhood.

I would also think that the person(s) responsible are young and don't appreciate and understand the seriousness of their actions (This is a violation of the law) I don't wish to prosecute anyone, I would like the opporitunity to discuss this situation with the person involved (and their parents) to possibly make them understand the possible consequences before it elevates to an even more dangerouse situation.

If, I'm mistaken and the person responsible isn't a young person, I honestly apologize to the younger generation and would be saddened to think an adult would act this way for any reason.

My name is Jay Raimond, I live at 106 South Rolling Oaks Lane on the corner of Rolling Ridge. My cell phone number is 382-0908. I've lived here for 20 years and would hope that the person responsible would come talk to me.

I apologize in advance to those people who read this post and take issue with me and my subject, but I believe this is an issue that ultimately affects all of us.
Jraimond

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:37 pm
Post subject: Re: Wanted: Information about someone destroying my property

Well, it seems no one knows anything and in the long run it's probably just as well.
I do want to thank everyone that stopped when I was working on the fence. Everybody showed their support and I appreciate that but I wanted to take this time to Thank John Dunn and his son Jake for stopping and offering their help.
I was expecting to spend several evenings just digging out the Gate Post but John and Jake offered to bring their torch and welder from their home to my house and proceeded to straighten the post and added extra support making them stronger and cutting my time down by half.
I offered John money for his time, he wouldn't take it and said "It's the neighborly thing to do." There's a lesson or at least a reminder we can all learn from this good neighbor and his son Jake.
The old time lessons, we all learned as children are still a valuable asset in todays life styles and should be practiced and passed on to our kids and Grandkids. This kind of mindset is simple and easy to generate and doesn't require alot from anyone except their talents and a little of their time.
I'm sure John and Jake had other things to do, but they went out of their way to help someone in need. I cannot express how much that means to me. I am humbled to have the opporitunity to meet these neighbors as well as every one else that stopped by and showed their support.
It's people coming togrther in a time of need like in my situation that re-confirms my faith in our community and my new found friends.
Again, I cannot Thank everyone enough for stopping and offereing their help and support. Thank you all so very much.

Jay Raimond.
Q
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:51 pm
Post subject: Re: Wanted: Information about someone destroying my property.

Sorry about your fence but I am glad some neighbors helped out.

Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index ›  ROACC
Page 1 of 1