05: Photo Gallery
06: Photo Gallery
07: Community Forums
08: Home

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Community Forums › ROACC › ROACC › Potranco Road Construction to Begin
Potranco Road Construction to Begin

Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index ›  ROACC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mroetzel
A+ Member
A+ Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:53 pm
Post subject: Potranco Road Construction to Begin

Reconstruction of Potrance Road between 1604 and SH-211 is now scheduled to bid in February 2013. The new roadway will include 4 lanes and a center turn lane, curb and sidewalks. We will also be getting a traffic light at the Rolling Oaks Lane entry. Construction is scheduled to begin about September 2013 and last for about 2 years.

Unfortunately, our Rolling Oaks Estates entry sign conflicts with the planned work, and will be demolished as part of the project. A new curbed island will be constructed on Rolling Oaks Lane immediately north of the existing sign, and we can likely construct a new sign there if desired.

This demolition is probably 12-18 months away, but we may want to see how much community interest there is in constructing a new entry sign. If interested, please email the ROACC (click on 'Conact Us' on the homepage) to advise if you'd like to help fund such an effort. We can begin planning if enough folks respond positively.
Q
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:19 pm
Post subject: Re: Potranco Road Construction to Begin

Received this via feedback today...

Quote::
Sender Name: Charles F.

As I indicated in a prior message, I am for constructing a new sign after the current one is razed for Potranco Rd. widening. I have the following suggestions for the new signs:

1. I suggest the new sign be similar to the current one in construction materials. But, and this depends on cost estimates, as far as I am concerned the new sign could be 25-30% smaller. This should allow any lighting for the sign to consist of possibly one light (instead of the current two) on each side. This would reduce the electric bill. Sign size would be dependent on construction cost estimates of large vs smaller signs.

2. Suggest the letters on the sign read: "Rolling Oaks Estates" instead of "Robbing Oaks Estates."

3. We need to plan space for plants (as we do now).

I'll be happy to contribute towards the new sign after the particulars of construction costs and the ROEACC bank balance at that time is known.

Thanks for all you do.

Charles

p.s. Any update on Potranco construction timelines?

janjaeckle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:50 pm

Happy to contribute to a new entry sign when the time comes. We notice that the construction time-line has already slipped.

Tom & Jan Jaeckle
mroetzel
A+ Member
A+ Member

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 2:59 am

The construction time has slipped repeatedly (now about 2 years behind original schedule). Latest delay reportedly is due to CPS not moving power poles back.
Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index ›  ROACC
Page 1 of 1